All rooms published on this site have been previously visited and selected as rental units and their security and good hygienic conditions confirmed.
All rooms are fully furnished and equipped within local market standards to ensure a comfortable stay. The maximum quantity of occupants in any given room is published in the room description published on the website.
The duration of the rental contract for all rental units shall not be less than 1 month nor more than 6 months as established by local law.
For stays longer than 6 months additional contracts will be made and signed as necessary to cover the total length of the client’s stay.
The total cost of rent in all published rooms is expressed in United States Dollars (USD) and includes basic telephone service, weekly cleaning service & bed sheet change, building expenses, local taxes, water, electricity and gas.
Any additional services included in the description of a specific published room such as Cable TV, Air Conditioning, etc. correspond exclusively to the aforementioned room and are not included in the rest of the published rental units.
· Using an internet browser, select the room that best fits your needs and wants, check availability, and click on the “Reservation Inquiry” button.
· Complete all necessary information in the online reservation form, and send your request. Please fill out all fields in the reservation form to the fullest extent possible. To process your request you must contact us at least 72 hours in advance of your anticipated check-in date.
· Within 48 hours (on business days) you will receive an email response with information confirming the availability of your selected room, total rental costs of selected room, information regarding payments due in the form of a reservation deposit and all applicable terms & conditions requesting that you confirm your reservation.
· Once you have confirmed your reservation you will receive the necessary information to complete payment of the reservation deposit. When payment has been received, you will receive another email with a voucher for your stay confirming that the reservation request and all necessary payments have been received. You must print this voucher and present it at our offices once you arrive in Buenos Aires.
· The remaining balance will be paid at check in before signing the contract in our office or at the apartment where your room is located.
· Upon confirmation of the reservation the client acknowledges reading all terms and conditions listed herein as well as the Legal Notice published on the Spare Rooms website and agrees to be bound by these terms and conditions.
· NOTE: To make a reservation one must be of legal age in his/her country of origin to enter into a rental contract and guarantee that she/he is financially responsible for the payment of all contracted services.
· The reservation will be guaranteed with the payment or transfer of 20% of the first month’s rent in the form of a reservation deposit.
· The payment of this reservation deposit can be paid in cash at our offices, via PayPal electronic transfer or via a western union wire transfer in United States Dollars (USD) or the equivalent amount in Argentine Pesos using the seller Exchange rate on the date prior to the payment of the reservation deposit.
· The remaining balance of the first month’s rent as well as the administrative fees of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires are to be paid in the Spare Rooms Buenos Aires offices or in the individual apartment upon arrival in Buenos Aires, to be agreed upon previously between Spare Rooms Buenos Aires and the client.
· All prices are in United States Dollars (USD). Payment must be made in USD or the equivalent amount in Argentine Pesos using the seller exchange rate of the day. (Seller price on www.dolarsi.com).
· The damage deposit will be equal to 1 month of rent in the selected room and its value will be in the same currency as monthly rent.
· The damage deposit will be held by the property owner (host) from the signing of the contract until check-out.
· The damage deposit will serve as a guarantee that the rental contract will be fulfilled, and to cover the costs of any broken or missing furniture or return the room to its previous condition upon finalization of the stay.
· If there are any damages to the room, the corresponding value will be subtracted from the damage deposit as established in the room inventory in the signed contract.
· The damage deposit will be returned to the client upon check out once the room’s condition is verified.
· At the time of check-out all rooms must be returned to the same conditions of cleanliness and order as upon check-in with all furniture that figures in the furniture inventory present and in place. If there is any difference in condition or missing furniture the corresponding amount will be deducted from the damage deposit so as to restore the room to its previous condition.
· In case of cancellation of the contract by the client the damage deposit will be returned at check-out as long as the client has given Spare Rooms Buenos Aires 30 days notice of the cancellation. If 30 days prior notice of cancellation is not given the damage deposit will not be returned and will be used to cover damages and losses to the owner of the apartment and services & expenses of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires.
· Spare Rooms Buenos Aires’s regular hours of Check-in and Check-out are from 10:00 to 19:00 Monday through Friday. If the client wishes to arrange check-in or check-out outside of the normal hours he/she will pay an extra fee of $15 USD for late check-in/late check-out.
· Check In: On the first day of the rental contract the property owner (“host) will be awaiting the client to show him/her the room and all of its installations. The inventory of furniture and equipment in the room will then be checked against the actual furniture and all equipment will be checked to ensure it is functioning, after which the contract will be signed and the payments realized. The client will than receive a set of keys for the unit. Once the keys have been handed over, the client will be responsible for all damages or missing furniture in the room until check out.
· Check Out: On the day of departure from the rental unit (last day of rental contract) the owner of the apartment will ensure that all furniture and equipment is present and in functioning condition based upon the inventory completed upon check-in. If all is present and in functioning condition the owner will return the damage deposit in full. If there are any missing pieces of furniture or if any equipment is not in the same working condition, the cost, as established in the inventory, will be deducted from the damage deposit. The client must return the keys to the owner of the property and the remaining value of the damage deposit will be returned to the client at which time both parties will depart from the apartment.
In all rental units the use of the telephone line will be at the discretion of the property owner (“host”). In most cases, the client will be able to use the telephone to receive calls from family and friends, while respecting the schedule set by the host.
The administrative fees (“concierge fee”) of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires cover the cost all services provided to the client. This includes reservation of the selected room, or additional room options if the selected room is not available, as well as response within 48 hours on business days to all rental inquiries. Also included is detailed information on the available rental options, information detailing the different neighborhoods, information and photos of the rooms and co-residents in the apartment. The administrative fees also cover the costs to mediate in the case of problems during your stay, the coordination of you welcome to Buenos Aires as well as check-in and check-out. If it is necessary, Spare Rooms will also work with you to find a new room at no additional cost. Finally, payment of the Spare Rooms Buenos Aires concierge fee gives you a confidential contact during your time in Buenos Aires.
· All administrative fees of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires are to be paid at the time of check-in. Spare Rooms Buenos Aires will give the client advanced notice of the amount to be paid in administrative fees.
· Administrative fees will be applied to each new contract made between Spare Rooms Buenos Aires and the client. Example: If a client requests a unit for a 1 month contract and upon the end of this contract wishes to renew his/her stay in the same or different unit, a new contract will be made between Spare Rooms Buenos Aires and the client and additional administrative fees will be charged.
Preface: The property owner has turned down offers from other possible tenants in order to honor the rental contract the client has through Spare Rooms Buenos Aires. Because of this the refund policy for cancellation of a reservation will vary depending on the amount of advanced notice given to the property owner.
· If after confirming a reservation and transferring the required reservation deposit a client gives at least 30 days notice of cancelation of the reservation before the scheduled check-in date a 50% refund of the transferred amount in the form of a reservation deposit will be returned to the client whereas the other 50% will be used to cover damages and losses to the property owner as well as compensate for expenses and services provided by Spare Rooms Buenos Aires.
· If after confirming a reservation and transferring the required reservation deposit a client gives less than 30 days notice of cancelation of the reservation before the scheduled check-in date none of the transferred amount in the form of a reservation deposit will be returned to the client and will be used to cover damages and losses to the property owner as well as compensate for expenses and services provided by Spare Rooms Buenos Aires.
Preface: The property owner has turned down offers from other possible tenants in order to honor the rental contract the client has through Spare Rooms Buenos Aires. Keeping this in mind:
· If for whatever reason a client determines it necessary to shorten his/her stay the total amount paid in the form of rent up to the date will not be refunded and will be used to cover damages and losses to the property owner and for services & expenses provided by Spare Rooms Buenos Aires due to breach of contract. Furthermore, if the client does not give the property owner at least 30 days advanced notice of his/her desire to cancel the contract and shorten his/her stay the client will be obliged to pay the property owner damages equal to 50% of the remaining value of the contract.
· In the case of a planned cancelation of stay the damage deposit will be returned to the client at the time of check-out as long as the client has advised Spare Rooms Buenos Aires of his/her decision with at least 30 days of anticipation. If less than 30 days notice is given the damage deposit will not be returned and will be used to cover damages and losses to the property owner as well as expenses & services provided by Spare Rooms Buenos Aires.
· Recommendation: Make your reservation only for the time you are sure you are going to stay in the unit and request new contracts if you desire to stay additional time.
If for reasons of broken water or gas pipes, poor condition of walls, lack of functioning heating, irreparable damage that makes the kitchen or bathroom unusable the clients stay in the rental unit is made impossible, Spare Rooms Buenos Aires will relocate the client to a new room with similar characteristics and facilities and the client will not be responsible for damages or losses to the property owner and Spare Rooms Buenos Aires will not apply any sanctions against the client for the damage deposit or rent payments. If these damages were caused by the client he/she will not be located in a new rental unit and the property owner will be notified so as to take the corresponding legal actions against the client.
· A client who has rented a rental unit (room) is the only one who shall inhabit that room, and agrees upon paying rent that no one else will be allowed to spend the night in the room or in the apartment of which that room is a part without the explicit written consent of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires and/or the property owner (“host”). Allowing someone who is not a member to the rental contract to spend the night in the rental unit will be considered a breach of the terms and conditions and Spare Rooms will collect damages of $20 US Dollars for each night a person outside of the contract resides in the rental unit or apartment of which said rental unit forms a part.
· To receive or host third parties within the apartment or rental unit the client must receive explicit written consent from Spare Rooms Buenos Aires and/or the property owner (“host”). The client agrees to pay any damages or losses caused by the third party when requesting this permission.
The director of Spare Rooms Buenos Aires will have the final word in all disputes not expressly contemplated in these terms and conditions while respecting the applicable laws governing rental contracts in the City of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
Spare Rooms Buenos Aires is always available to the clients staying in its network of home stays to provide whatever type of information and support necessary. The client should contact Spare Rooms Buenos Aires as soon as possible concerning any dispute or irregularity in order to reach a quick solution to ensure a comfortable stay.